Early intervention and treatment for 50+ feet
After 50 we can easily see visible signs of ageing in our face. But spare a thought for your poor old feet, which by now would have carried you millions of kilometres, been subjected to years of weight bearing activities and suffered through tight shoes, friction, swelling and possibly a strain or two.
Little wonder that by now, you’re most likely experiencing any of the following:
- Loss of cushioning and soft tissue fat in the pads of the heels and balls of your feet
- Bone deformities such as bunions or arthritis which can lead to more serious foot health issues and an increased risk of falls
- Brittle, thicker nails which may be prone to ingrown toenails, fungal breakouts and other infections
When to contact myPodiatry Health
Luckily your myPodiatry Health clinician can easily and quickly improve most foot problems for over 50’s by assisting you with regular maintenance, shoe modification and use of cushioned insoles.
However, if your condition is more serious and having an impact on your mobility and quality of life, we recommend making an appointment to see us as soon as possible. Some of these conditions may include the following:
- Dry skin and brittle nails
- Burning and tingling sensations in your feet
- Feelings of cold, numbness and discolouration
- Difficulty cutting toenails
- Feet or lower limb pain
The clinical team at myPodiatry Health will not only treat your feet, but help you minimise recurring conditions so you can stay active and mobile well into your prime.